Wednesday, March 16, 2011

week leading into my birthday

Straight off the bat, this isn't going to be an insightful blog filled with discussion of current affairs. However I do feel  privileged to be able to go out with friends and enjoy myself in a city that I love and call home. Other people around the world namely Japan, Libya, Egypt, and I suppose third world countries, are not so lucky.

That was my preamble, now on with it. It was the week before 23, and I was feeling deserved of carefree fun and entertainment before I grew older.

The weekend kicked of on Friday night at the Moonlight Cinema in the Botancial Gardens. On screen was "Hereafter" starring Matt Damon, directed by Clint Eastwood. An ok movie (I gave it 2.5 stars, labelled harsh by my companions), but the best part of the weekend was yet to come.
Saturday night, Belle & Sebastian night! My mate Tony and I headed out into town, two blokes ready to immerse themselves in the aural rollercoaster that is Belle & Sebastian. The highlights were definitely their cover of The Kinks - Victoria (getting me pumped about the Commonwealth); We Rule the School (one of my favourites) and The Boy With The Arab Strap (they got 6 people dancing on stage with 'em, lucky devils!).Although Tony could argue the French barmaid was up there! After the show, we capped of a night out UK style, that is with some greasy Indian food, oh yeah!

Not a bad start to my final week of being 22. No original photos this week, I haven't taken my camera out in a while much to my chagrin, but below is a photo of Stuart Murdoch from the B&S Gig (photo credit to Luciana Longo who beautifully reviewed the gig link - http://www.groovemag.com.au/music/20110314719-live-review-belle-and-sebastian-the-forum-melbourne# and her blog is http://onegirlandherfur.wordpress.com/ ).  Hopefully I'll be back soon with some photos and exciting stories.


Photo Taken by Luciana Longo, 2011

 
Signing off,
Andy

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh...the French barmaid. Just what I needed to cheer me up on this Wednesday afternoon.

    And 2.5 stars is well harsh in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete