Sunday, March 20, 2011

my birthday!

And that's about the time she walked away from me
Nobody likes you when you're 23
I'm still more amused by TV shows
What the hell is ADD?
My friends say I should act my age
What's my age again?
What's my age again?

      
                 - Blink 182


I turned 23 this weekend. It's weird because I still feel 22, and currently I'm in the funny period where, when someone asks how old you are and you instinctively respond with your old age and then awkwardly  correct yourself like your a toddler just learning about the number of solar orbit's you've experienced. But like that bright eyed toddler, I'm looking forward to the year ahead!

How'd I spend my birthday? Well I actually spent the night of the 19th (my birth date) at a friends birthday, she too was turning 23. It was fun, the food was nice and the drinks were flowing but I just wasn't in the mood (guess old age was catching up too me).

The night before however was raucous! We'd spent it singing karaoke at the aptly named "Partyworld" in Melbourne Central. Nothing like a bunch of 20'somethings gathered in a dimly lit room, getting inebriated and screaming out dated pop songs, rock anthems and seductive love tunes. Love it!

It was a truly joyous occasion as I got to spend it with quality company, comprised of people that I value in my life. To be honest, I'm not one for birthday parties. I don't feel the need to throw superfluous soirees to mark the anniversary of my birth, although I do enjoy entertaining my friends and to see them smiling and having a good time is a present in itself.

Highlights: Mine and Tony's rendition of the 1980's classic "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley; Denny and Charlie singing "Shape of my Heary" by Backstreet Boys (they sung poorly but they never sing so it was sort of an occasion); the hot barmaid spilling Tony's pints thus him getting 2 pints for free (he is having A LOT of luck with barmaids lately)!

Lowlights: The freaking venue powering down five times and making Tony sing the first four bars of Green Day's "When I come around" 4 times!

Until next time...

Oh! Almost forgot photos! They're not very good this time round as aways when you're partying!
















No comments:

Post a Comment